More Specifically in this 3-Part Series:
- 12 year old Jerry Brainum’s quest for BIG muscles.
- Jerry explains how he started writing for the Iron Game.
- Jerry shares how his years experience in the iron game evolved.
- Everyone is different. Find out what works for you.
- The benefits of high reps to failure and its effect on hypertrophy.
- What is Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy
- Learn about growth hormone and why it’s likely not going to help stimulate your muscle growth.
- The difference between yesterday’s training and today.
- Why it’s really bad to gain weight between contests.
- The heart and soul of weight training – Progressive Resistance Training
- A workout routine that follows Progressive Resistance Training.
- How many sets, how many reps?
- Combining Aerobics with weight training.
- Interval training vs. Steady state training.
- Everything you need to know about how to grow your calf muscles
- Old school bodybuilding aesthetics.
- Believe in yourself and don’t listen to the naysayers.
About Jerry BrainumIf you’ve picked up a bodybuilding magazine at any point during the past 35 years, you have likely read something by Jerry Brainum. He’s had over 5,000 magazine articles published, was the science editor of Muscle and Fitness magazine for 10 years, and editor-at-large at Flex magazine for 8 years. He’s written for Men’s Fitness magazine, Sports Fitness magazine, Muscular Development magazine, Muscle Mag International, and was a regular contributor to Ironman magazine for 28 years.
Jerry has given seminars all over the world about nutrition and food supplements and has been a nutrition consultant for numerous elite, world-class athletes.
Jerry was also a competitive bodybuilder and trained with Arnold Schwarzenegger at the original Gold’s gym in Venice, California in the 1970s. Since then, he’s worked with other elite bodybuilders in helping them achieve top condition.
– Part 1
click on image to Listen to the Episode>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Bonus Q&AEvery person that we interview on The Super Strength Show has an opportunity to answer some extra questions that aren’t asked in the podcast. It’s a chance for our listeners to learn a little bit more about our guests and to get even more value from our show. Check out the answers that Jerry Brainum provided below!
Can you share one of your habits that contribute to your success in the gym? Regularity, I try to workout consistently.
What are your favourite exercises? I have no particular favorite exercises.
What are your favourite muscle groups to train? All of them.
What are your favourite pieces of equipment? Nautilus equipment,Hammer strength machines.
What is currently on your workout music playlist? Don’t listen to music when I train.
How do you psych up for a workout or set? I don’t need to.
What was one exercise or routine that gave you great gains in muscle mass and/or strength? High intensity, heavy training to total failure. Used this nearly 40 years ago, made the best ever gains.
What’s your favourite way to speed up recovery between workouts? Leucine added to protein drinks and between meals.
What’s your favourite meal? Cheese omelet.
What’s your favourite cheat meal and how often do you indulge? Pizza, once a week.
What supplements do you feel work well for you? Vitamin-mineral, whey, creatine, antioxidants, joint factors.
What do you do to relax? Read and study.